In order to improve our on-the-day access to clinicians, you can now book appointments from 8:00am by telephone only. The surgery doors will not be opened until 8:25am every morning. We also run several other types of clinics - see below for more details. Of course, usual daily appointments, prebookable appointments and if you have registered for the service, online prebookable appointments are still available.
The appointments are for:
-Asthma attacks -Breathing difficulties - Abdominal pains
- Chest pain within 48 hours but not present all the time - Confusion
- Prolonged or multiple fitting - Sudden loss of vision - Severe headache
- Headache associated with neck stiffness/rash/photophobia
- Heavy vaginal bleeding - uncontrollable nose bleed
- Suicidal thoughts or intent - Recurrent infections
- Any condition that causes the receptionist or caller anxiety or distress
The times must be adhered to and if patients are late they may not be seen due to the slots only being 7 minutes long.
Every morning there will be different types of telephone triage slots.
- Home visit triage- clinician will triage to see if the patient needs a home visit or advice/prescription over the phone
- Telephone triage- clinical asssessment will be made during the phone call and should the clinician feel that a face to face appointment is required, an appointment will be made for that afternoon with the clinician.
Not available at the current time - hoping to re-instate once further clinicians are recruited.
Cancellations/Did Not Attend
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.
For any patient who fails to attend three booked appointments in a twelve month period, consideration will be given to removing them from our list of registered patients. Please note this policy includes secondary care appointments, e.g. hospital appointments.